Won't post to Facebook

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Won't post to Facebook

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Every blog post yields the same error message for Facebook:

-=ERROR=- Array ( [Warning] => [Error] => Error validating application. Application has been deleted. )

Our original admin deactivated his Facebook account, but it has since since been reactivated.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Sorry, but I am not sure what we can add to that message. Please use an existing, not deleted app with SNAP. SNAP can’t work through the deleted apps.

James
        Participant

It’s not deleted. Are you suggesting we reinstall the plug-in?

Rachel
          Participant

The same thing happened to me. I did a ‘rollback’ with a WP ‘rollback’ plugin to the previous version about 10 min ago, it posted to FB however the featured picture did not post. I since then, 10 min later i updated to current and it only posts :
            Link attachment type:

add the “%” values for picture and no picture posted.

Also, it NOT automatically posting to twitter anymore. I have to post it myself. I think there is a scripting bug.

Rachel
            Participant

Reinstalling won’t do anything. I think there is a scripting error or FB updated something and hasn’t told anyone yet. I had seen this issue with Hootsuite in the past when i used them. The error was similar and it turned out FB had some issues on their end. And Hootsuite had to update their scripts.

Also, “instagram” disappeared. I can’t post to there…as it isn’t showing up.

And Twitter I can’t post to it, manually I can

Rachel
              Participant

Also the last time automatically post happened 10 hours ago. So this issue started 10 hours ago.

Rachel
                Participant

I think this is happening to everyone who is using this program right now. I don’t think others have realized it yet.

NextScripts.com
                  Participant

Rachel, please stop confusing people. There is nothing happened to the plugin. Most probably you just broke cron on your site. Also your issue has nothing to do with the original topic.

James, Facebook thinks your app was deleted. Since we can’t argue with Facebook, I recommend you to create and setup a new app.

Rachel
                    Participant

I am not confusing people, what he said happened to me as well, it is the same issue. He just said, the orig. admin deactivated the account, even when you create a new app on FB or reinstall the app on WP backend, the issue still is showing up, thus we both are having the same issue.

Rachel
                      Participant

Also, I didn’t make any changes to my site. It just started happened. I know a similar issue happened when I was using Hootsuite and they said FB was doing some changes.

Rachel
                        Participant

There is no reason to be mean about it lol. that is why when I saw he was having the same issue, same error message popping up, I knew something is up. Also, I did the steps, re-authorize account, new app,etc.. still same error message. I hope James isn’t getting it anymore.

Rachel
                          Participant

I never got a response from the support ticket, which is fine 🙂 good news and I hope this is also good for James, it appears there was a issue when posting to facebook, which started on 12/22, 12/21 for some. I am guessing FB was updating things. I have seen this before when I used Hootsuite and they had confirmed FB was doing something wacky.

NS, before you respond to me in a rude way (which appeared you did lol, at least to me), I am not confusing anyone, people google /yahoo/bing search for similar issues because if a thread is open, or someone posted something and they see it and are like “hey I have this too”, and then scroll down to see what the issue might have been or what to do… it is helpful.

All I did was wait. It solved itself. Everything is working fine now 🙂 Suggestion is if it keeps happening, open a support ticket, other than that, it took 25 hours for FB to resolve it.

I want to sum it up:
                            -no broken code; nothing wrong with FB app;nothing wrong with NS Script.
                            it was a bug on FB end.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.