Word count

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yondermann
    Participant

Hi,
      I’ve been looking for this plugin for months! I’m happy to finally found it!

Is there a way to post a set number of words? I would like post more than just the %EXCERPT% but way less then the %FULLTEXT%

I use the wordpress excerpt field as the meta description for google so I don’t really want to add more text there than it’s required. Posting the whole article would be an overkill in may case so I’m looking for an option to cut the text at a certain word count.

Is there a way to set a word or paragraph length. If not is there a way to add something like %FULLTEXT200% which would mean only 200 words would be posted?

Thanks!

yondermann
      Participant

I’ve found the %ANNOUNCE% placeholder. It’s almost what I need. Is there a way to ignore the <!–more–> tag or start counting after it?

NextScripts
        Keymaster

You can set the number of characters to keep for %ANNOUNCE% in the plugin settings.

yondermann
          Participant

Yes, I’ve found that but if I use the “more” tag then SNAP stops there. The more tag is used to show excerpts in category listings which is not more than google is using as a meta description in the SERP. When I syndicate the content I would like to post a bit more than that but much less than the whole text.
            Is it possible to remove the “more” tag limit somehow?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.