Facebook API review notice –

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kim
    Participant

Hi there! We are a long time user of SNAP and love the product. Just got a couple of emails from FB this morning that has the following in it – “In order to maintain your current API access, your app will need to be submitted for review by August 1, 2018. If your app is not submitted for review, you will lose access to these permissions and features.” along with a list of things that will be unhooked.

We have a couple of things that interface with our FB pages, but it’s my guess that this is directly related to our use of SNAP to post from our blogs.

Is there something we need to do, or is this something you are currently working on to get sorted out?

What is the status of posting to FB using SNAP? Everything seems to be ok but we want to make sure we aren’t going to lose the ability because we did not understand what FB is asking us to do.

Thanks
      Kim

NextScripts.com
      Keymaster

Facebook officially closed unrestricted access to its API: https://www.nextscripts.com/news/2018/05/facebook-officially-closed-unrestricted-access-to-its-api/

You will loose an ability to post to FB on August 1, 2018 unless you will be able to get an approval from Facebook or switch to our API.

Where can I get your API?
        I’ve recently purchased you 99$ package.
        From my understanding I should be getting your alternative Facebook API
        described in this link: https://www.nextscripts.com/api/alternative-facebook-api-library/
        but when trying the PHP example on this page I dont have the class nxsAPI_FB

Where can I get it?
        on my account page I only have
        SNAP API (Universal for PHP) – Ver. 4.2.1 (Feb, 17, 2018)
        which does not include this alternative Facebook API…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.