Search by tag «V2»Entries found: 18
While most of the plugin were written using new V1.1 Twitter API, one function were still partially dependent on old V1 API functionality. Twitter V1 API is now officially retired, so SNAP has stopped working for some people who were using that function.
We just released SNAP version 2.7.15. This version has all Twitter code updated to the latest V1.1 Twitter API and all functionality is working again as it suppose to. Please upgrade your plugin to this version.
The new version 2.7.14 has been released.
It contains some improvements like support for Categories for Google+ Community Pages, Facebook Secret Groups, many bugfixes and new security model. This version adds an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options. This change makes a possibility to resolve the issues caused by previous security fix.
Full list of changes.
The latest 2.7.13 release caused some troubles.
Let us explain what happened.
Administrators can give or not give the rights to autopost to specific user groups. That feature had a security hole that was allowing users who has no rights to autopost still do that. That was fixed in the latest version. We won’t unfix it or roll it back. That was a real security problem and it was causing real troubles.
If you are getting “User ID XXX can’t autopost” errors please go to the settings tab and give the user group where user with ID XXX rights to autopost.
However this fix backfired to users who were using that security hole as feature.
– WordPress used as classifieds website. Visitors submit posts from frontend.
– Administrator doesn’t want contributors or authors to change autoposting settings, but still want their posts to be autoposted to all configured networks.
– All posts are imported by some automation plugin. That plugin is not brilliantly written and it inserts all posts using hard-coded user id #1. Website doesn’t even have the user with ID 1, so the result is “User ID 1 can’t autopost” error.
We will re-think our security model and might add another privilege, so some user groups will autopost without seeing or being able to make any changes to the settings. We also might add the ability to skip this whole security model and use plugin without any restrictions (as it was before the fix).
UPDATE: Version 2.7.14 has an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options.
The new version 2.7.4 has been released.
It contain very important fix resolving the “Duplicate Posts” problem. Please install this upgrade if you are getting duplicates or if you missing some posts.
Release also adds support for use of featured images from Yet Another Photoblog (YAPB) plugin. Several other bugs have been fixed as well.
Full list of changes.
= 2.7.4 [03/12/2013] =
* New – Support for images from Yet Another Photoblog(YAPB) Plugin.
* Improvement – Pinterest will recognize entered price.
* Improvement – VK – video attachments. (Pro Only)
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Changed/Improved the way of finding images in posts
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Title template for LinkedIn Groups
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Perfomance and Duplicate handling improvements
* Bug Fix – Duplicate posts issue.
* Bug Fix – Sometimes “Individual Category Selection” checkboxes were ignored
* Bug Fix – Broken VK Image posts.
* Bug Fix – Twitter Error – in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array
= 2.7.3 [03/06/2013] =
* New – New network “YouTube” (Comes with Google+ API Only)
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Better Duplicate handling.
* Bug Fix – vk.com “Access Denied” errors
* Bug Fix – Blogger removing some letters from the posts
* Bug Fix – %HTAGS% tag was not working for some networks
The new version 2.7.2 has been released. It has better settings page interface, FriendFeed support, ability “Spin” message post templates, support for goo.gl and YOURLS URL shorteners and many other improvements and bug fixes.
New network: “FriendFeed”.
Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
New Pinterest interface support.
New Twitter length of the URLs is now supported.
Includes post tags with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth.
Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
Better interface for “Settings” tab.
Full list of changes.
= 2.7.2 [02/28/2013] =
* Improvement/Bug Fix – New Pinterest interface suppport.
* Improvement – Post with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth
* Improvement – WordPress to WordPress posts will include “Excerpt” as well.
* Bug fix – WPMU – Accounts loosing selected mode.
* Bug fix – Twitter – “Your Message is too long” problem caused by Twitter increasing URL length from 20 to 22 characters.
* Bug fix – LinkedIn – Posts were not attaching when posting to LinkedIn Groups.
* Bug fix – Incorrect skipping of individual categories selection for automated (non-human) posts
= 2.7.1 [02/26/2013] =
* New – New network “FriendFeed”
* Improvement – Indicators that some networks have excluded categories.
* Improvement – Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
* Bug fix – Broken checkboxes in “Post Edit”
* Bug fix – Tumblr Post URLs
* Bug fix – Broken %ANNOUNCE% tag
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Some issues potentialy causing duplicates.
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Warning: _() expects exactly 1 fixed
* Bug fix – vk.com connection error
= 2.7.0 [02/23/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import “Replies” and “Mentions” from Twitter and post them as WP Comments
* New – Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
* New – New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
* New – Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
* New – Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
* New – Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
* Improvement – Better interface for “Settings” tab
* Improvement – Tumblr include categories as tags
* Improvement – More clear and understandable log
* Improvement – All “Message Format” fields are now multirow fields.
* Improvement – no _ in hashtags anymore
* Improvement – Featured image custom field could be an array
* Improvement/Bug Fix – additional protection against magic quotes.
* Bug fix – Stumbleupon category selection.
* Bug fix – Twitter characters limit when %TEXT% is used.
* Bug fix – Autoposting stability improvements.
* Bug fix – Featured image location in custom field.
* Bug fix – International characters for Blogger (Free API).
The new version 2.6.1 has been released. It has better interface, DreamWidth support, ability to auto-import comments from social networks and may other improvements and bug fixes.
1. DreamWidth. Technically DreamWidth is running on the modified LiveJournal engine, so it was logical to add a support for it. Just click “Add new Network”, select Livejournal from the list and then choose DreamWidth as the website to post
2. Import Facebook comments and post the to WordPress.
a. Go to the SNAP Settings->Other Settings and activate “Comments Import”.
b. Go to the Facebook account settings and activate this feature for each account.
Full list of changes.
= 2.6.1 [02/01/2013] =
* Bug fix – Critical bugfix for Facebook Authorization.
* Bug fix – “Import comments” interface tweaks.
* Bug fix – “Add new network” interface tweaks.
= 2.6.0 [01/31/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import Comments from Social Networks and post them as WP Comments (Facebook only so far)
* New/Improvement – New Settings Interface
* New – New network (kind of): DreamWidth.org – LJ Based Website
* New – Additional URL Parameters
* New/Improvement – Plugin will invoke it’s own cron in case of broken WP Cron.
* Bug fix – vKontakte – NXS API Fixed.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “board retreive” that could break the settings.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “0” board ID problem.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed problem with wrong default image.
* Bug fix – Plurk – Better error handling.
* Bug fix – Fixed broken posting to selected categories only.
* Bug fix – Account assigned categories were not saved.
* Many other minor bug fixes and improvements
The new version 2.5.2 has been released. It has several important bug fixes, better YouTube and Vimeo videos handling and support for new network: LiveJournal
Full list of changes
= 2.5.2 [01/08/2013] =
* Bug fix – Critical Facebook posting issue.
* Bug fix – Critical Stumbleupon posting issue.
* Bug fix – Tumblr and SU were not taking settings from the “Edit” page
* Bug fix – Post/Don’t Post checkboxes issues.
* Bug fix – Twitter – incomatibility with url_f_open set to off.
= 2.5.1 [01/06/2013] =
* New – New network: LiveJournal. Repost your blogposts to your LiveJournal account.
* New/Improvement – Facebook – support for Vimeo videos
* Improvement/Bug fix – Facebook – better handling of videos in the post.
* Bug fix – Import was button broken on some sites
The new version 2.5.0 has been released. This release includes several “most requested” pieces of functionality.
– Direct links to the published posts from the “Edit” page:
– Ability to assign categories to each Social Network. This network will be auto-selected only when post assigned to specified categories.
– Choice of uploading images to the default “App” album or to the special “Timeline/Wall” album. (see more here)
Full list of changes
= 2.5.0 =
* New/Improvement – Direct links to posts in the “Edit” page.
* New/Improvement – Pinterest – ability to “Pin” videos.
* Improvement – Facebook – Photos could be posted to the App Album or to the “Wall” album to avoid grouping
* Improvement – if post has video and no images, video preview image will be used.
* Improvement/Bug fix – Fixed incorrect image checking against websites blocking HEAD request.
* Improvement/Bug fix – support for “attached” but not “featured” images.
* Bug fix – Facebook – broken “image” post if post has video.
* Bug fix – Plurk was not taking settings from the “Edit” page
* Bug fix – Blogger (Free API) iframe was breaking autoposting
Since version 2.5.0 you have a choice of uploading images to the default “App” album or to the special “Timeline/Wall” album.
App Album: Facebook automatically creates an album for your app with the same name as your app name. If you post images frequently Facebook will group them as in any regular album.
Timeline/Wall: Images will be posted to the special “Wall/Timeline” album and won’t be grouped even if posted frequently. The only tricky part here is that Facebook does not create “Wall/Timeline” album automatically. This album gets created only when first image posted to timeline manually. You need to go to your Facebook Account/Page/Group and upload one image to timeline before selecting this option.
If “Wall/Timeline” does not exist, images will be posted to the “App Album” even if “Wall/Timeline” option is selected.
Thanks to the plugin user “Leon Ho” for contributing to this functionality.
The new version 2.4.8 has been released. It has some bug fixes for Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Twitter
= 2.4.8 =
* New/Improvement – external jQuery reference removed.
* Bug fix – Pinterest board selection fix.
* Bug fix – StumbleUpon connection fix.
* Bug fix – Twitter %TAGS% and %CATS% for non English characters
* Bug fix – Twitter %TAGS% and %CATS% were not found in the text sometimes.
* Bug fix – WordPress better handling of connection errors.
* Bug fix – Post status saving.
= 2.4.7 =
* New/Improvement – Ability to change format before reposting when you edit post.
* Bug fix – Critical Blogger “Function not found” fix.
* Bug fix – Escaped quotes in Message Format.
The new version 2.4.6 has been released. Some improvements include support for Plurk, hashtags for Twitter, support for WordPress Built-in Shortener and numerous bug fixes.
= 2.4.6 =
* Improvement – WordPress 3.5 compatibility
* Improvement/Bug fix – Better image handling.
* Bug fix – Broken URL Shortener Selection.
* Bug fix – Fixed LinkedIn for European accounts.
* Bug fix – Twitter Message length tweaks.
= 2.4.5 =
* Improvement/Bug fix – Google+ better “Post type” selection.
* Bug fix – Google+ – image uploads for pages go to the right album, not profile.
* Bug fix – Google+ – Correct image for “attached” posts
* Bug fix – Twitter image attachement broken in 2.4.4
= 2.4.4 =
* Improvement – Twitter – If tags and categories are alredy in the text will become hashtags, not duplicates.
* Improvement/Bug fix – “Check All/Uncheck All” links now have prioraty over category selection.
* Bug fix – Blogger – broken messages.
* Bug fix – Plurk – 180 characters limit.
* Bug fix – Twitter correct characters count (119) for “Posts with image”
= 2.4.3 =
* New – Support for WordPress Built-in Shortener
* Improvement/Bug fix – Facebook – better image posting.
* Bug fix – Blogger Error “Attribute name associated with an element type “####” must be followed by the ‘ = ‘ character
* Bug fix – Blogger taking over the WP Admin after the error.
* Bug fix – Blogger “Invalid JSON” Error
* Bug fix – Plurk Error “Call to undefined function http_build_url()”
* Bug fix – LinkedIn “We were unable to post your update” error.
* Bug fix – Pinterest UTF characters in the Board names.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – better Handling of Error 502.
= 2.4.2 =
* New – New network: Plurk. share your new blogpost on your Plurk account.
* New – Twitter – ability to post tags and categories as #hashtags
* Improvement – Facebook settings screen shows what URL and Domain use for App Configuration.
* Improvement – Facebook –
will add a line break for “Facebook Message text Format”
* Bug fix – SSL connections fix and SSL cerificate update
* Bug fix – Broken URL Shorthener selection
= 2.4.1 =
* Bug fix – Twitter error if attachmet image is missing
* Bug fix – Issue with apostrophees and quotes
* Improvement – “Click-through URL” for the Tumblr “Photo” posts can use shorthened URLs.
* Improvement – Ability to select custom field instead of the featued image.
The new version 2.4 has been released. It has some big improvements to the Facebook and Twitter. It ads ability to make “Photo” posts to Facebook and “attach” images to Twitter posts. It also adds support for two more URL shorteners – bit.ly and wp.me.
Release has several bugs and better support for qTransalte and non-English characters.
= 2.4.0 =
* New – Facebook “Photo” posts.
* New – Ablity to attach image to Twitter posts
* New – Bit.ly support for short link.
* New – wp.me support for short links. (Jetpack users only)
* Improvement – “Click-through URL” for the Tumblr “Photo” posts.
The new version 2.3.2 has been released. It has 3 major improvements.
1. Version 2.3 (Pro only) adds support for WordPress Multisites (Ex WordPress MU). SNAP Pro allows to autopost from the main Super Admin account blog. We are also introducing a special edition of the plugin called “SNAP Pro for WordPress Multisites”. This edition adds a separate Super Admin management modules that allows full control over autoposting from any blog in the network. Super Admin can allow each blog to configure individual social networks and autopost there or just make the whole network autopost to main blog accounts. Super Admin can setup any individual blog in the network to different settings.
See more info about and get it here: SNAP Pro for WordPress Multisites
3. vBulletin. Would you like start discussion threads about your new blogposts on some remote forums or just update your thread somewhere with new reply about your blogpost? vBulletin versions 3.6+ and 4.X are supported. You can see our thread on v7n.com as an example. Free.
= 2.3.2 =
* New – New network: vBulletin. Share your new blogpost on your StumbleUpon account.
* Functionality Change – due to massive amount of requests – WP Pro (not WP Pro for MU) allows to post only to one main Super Admin account, not to all accounts across in the network.
* Bug fix – StumbleUpon re-post wrong category fix.
* Bug fix – “expecting T_FUNCTION” error.
* Bug fix – Blogger – “Invalid JSON” Error
= 2.3.1 =
* Bug fix – Facebook stability.
* Bug fix – WP Multisite Management problems.
= 2.3.0 =
* New – Support for WP Multisite (Pro Only) – http://www.nextscripts.com/social-networks-auto-poster-pro-for-wordpress-compare-editions/
* New – New network: Stumbleupon. Share your new blogpost on your StumbleUpon account.
* Improvement – Better configuration screens.
* Improvement – Facebook SDK upped to 3.2.0
* Bug fix – Facebook authorization problems.
* Bug fix – Blogger Character encoding.
* Bug fix – Stability improvements
* Bug fix – LinkedIn post without attachment.
The new version 2.2 has been released. It adds support for auto-posting to LinkedIn Company Pages. it also has some interface improvements and new tab “History/Log”. “History/Log” tab shows all auto-posting actions done by the plugin, so it can see what, when and when posts were posted.
Release has several bugs fixed including “headers already sent by line 344 Error” problem and annoying Google Chrome problem with adding Blogger account with each save.
= 2.2.0 =
* New – NextScripts LinkeIn API support for company pages auto-posting (Beta).
* New – Actions Log – see the log of the auto-postings.
* Improvement – Better interface.
* Bug fix – headers already sent by line 344 Error.
* Bug fix – Workaround fix for non-numeric “Facebook Group” pages. We hope that Facebook will fix it soon.
* Bug fix – Saving problems for the “Settings” page.
* Bug fix – LinkedIn post Formatting problems.
* Bug fix – was still attaching a post if not selected.
The new version 2.1 has been released. It addresses the critical issue that should prevent any problems in case GoDaddy or somebody else decide to put down our DNS. it also has some nice improvement and numerous bug fixes.
New network has been added. Now you can auto-post to WordPress based websites. This includes WordPress.com, Blog.com, and all other blogs based on WordPress
Changes (since 2.0.8):
= 2.1.0 =
* New – New network: WordPress based websites. This option includes WordPress.com, Blog.com, and and any other blogs based on WP.
* Improvement – nicknames for your accounts. You can give each account a nickname to make it easier to identify in the list.
* Improvement – better looking settings pages.
* Improvement – new option to either schedule auto-posts (recommended) or do it immediately. This could be useful to the people with disabled or broken WP Cron.
* Critical Stability fix – The next GoDaddy crush should not break your website.
* Bug fix – disappearing accounts.
* Bug fix – custom post settings weren’t saved in some cases.
* Bug fix – format and settings fixes for almost all networks.
= 2.0.12 =
* Bug fix – Some Facebook connectivity isses.
* Bug fix – Unselected Custom post types were still published in some cases.
= 2.0.11 =
* Bug fix – Compatibility issue with some browsers.
= 2.0.10 =
* Bug fix – Facebook “Share link” fix.
* Improvement/Bug fix – some interface cosmetic changes.
= 2.0.9 =
* Bug fix – Facebook Authorization “Error 100” Fix.
Important update notice
!! Important !! Version 2 gets Google+ and Pinterest APIs libraries automatically. You will loose the ability to post to Google+ and Pinterest after upgrade. Please go to the www.nextscripts.com/mypage and get your serial number. Then please go to WP Admin->Settings->Social Networks Auto Poster->Click “Enter your Activation Key” and enter this number.
If you don’t know your login – click “Forgot your password?” enter your email that you used to make an order – click the link in the email to create a new password and you will be able to see your serial and download your products.
Today we are ending the version 2 beta testing and releasing it for general public. Version 2 has so many advantages both inside and outside. It’s easier to use and setup, it’s faster and it’s all automated. You don’t need to upload and re-upload postToGooglePlus.php and other API’s anymore. All APIs are now built-in and will be kept up-to-date automatically.
Changes(since 2.0.6 Beta):
= 2.0.8 =
* Improvement – Better list of available accounts.
* Improvement/Bug fix – a lot of cosmetic interface changes and code optimizations for problem fixing and better looking.
* Bug fix – Google+ Wrong options when using “Repost Button”
* Bug fix – Google+ Fixed publishing of new lines in messages.
* Bug fix – Pinterest Settings Disappearance
= 2.0.7 =
* Improvement – Better list of available accounts.
* Bug fix – “Facebok Options Save” error fix.
Here are some NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster(SNAP) stats:
5 months of rapid development
41 version releases
10,245 unique installations
35,819 total installations including upgrades
It was time to review all that work and reinvent the whole thing again. We are announcing SNAP version 2.0.
Most of the changes went under the hood. For example version 1.x was using immediate posting mechanism. It worked well when we had 2-3 Social Networks, but if you configure all 7 of them (or even more in multi-site edition) it takes quite some time to do all the posting. Version 2 releases the “Publish” button immediately and all posting is done in the background.
Some important changes:
– Completely revamped “Settings” interface.
– New Engine works much faster and allows to add new networks more easily.
– API libraries are auto updated. There is no need to separately upload postToGooglePlus.php and postToPinterest.php files anymore.
You can download version 2.0. public beta here