Error 200

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BBT
    Participant

Hi there !

When I submit a Test Post this Error 200 always comes:

Array ( [Warning] => [Error] => (#200) If posting to a group, requires app being installed in the group, and \ either publish_to_groups permission with user token, or both manage_pages \ and publish_pages permission with page token; If posting to a page, \ requires both manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with \ sufficient administrative permission )

All looks fine https://screenshot.net/57d8zil also in the FB developers account https://screenshot.net/lq51ohg

– Just to make sure, the App ID and UserID are two different numbers?
      – Does it still take 8-10 weeks if everything is setup and live?

Cheers Chris

BBT, personally, in my opinion, if you can afford it, you would be better off paying Ludwig $50/year for his premium API. The fact is that keeping SNAP Pro compatible with Facebook has been a major headache for Ludwig, because Facebook is constantly changing the API on their end, and thus breaking SNAP Pro’s Facebook functionality. It is probably only a matter of time before Facebook breaks SNAP Pro again.

If you switch to the premium API version of SNAP Pro, not only will you be using Ludwig’s proprietary version of the Facebook API, but it will rid you of the problems you are currently having. Furthermore, with the premium API, you will also be able to autopost to more social networks, assuming that you are a member on them.

Just my suggestion. BTW, I use the premium API with eight social networks, and only one — Instagram — has been giving me, and others — problems as of late.

BBT
      Participant

Hi WordWeaver!

Thanks for your reply. We just have a single website and Facebook, Instagramm and Twitter account. Maybe I found the problem, the Facebook app review went totally under. Now I’ve been applied and just waiting …

So in the premium API you mean this process is’nt required?

Purchase the “SNAP Premium API Libraries” ($49.95/year) and get “SNAP Pro WordPress Plugin” for free and it works with NO hassle, not like the free version?

If that’s really so, then it’s an option I will surely consider.

Cheers

NextScripts
        Keymaster

Your app must be reviewed and approved before you will be able to post.

Facebook app review

BBT, yes, that is correct. As Ludwig just confirmed, you can sit there and wait for weeks or months until your app has been approved by Facebook, or you can bite the bullet and purchase SNAP Pro Premium API, and forget Facebook’s hassles.

I will tell you this. I tried Facebook’s way; and after waiting a few months, my app was NOT approved, for reasons which I didn’t even understand. It was a total waste of time. Not only that, I suspect that with Facebook tightening up its ship more and more each year, it will become even more difficult to get Facebook apps approved.

And, yes, Ludwig’s Premium API works outside of Facebook’s API. As such, there is NO app review process at all. Also, there is no download install with Ludwig’s Premium API. You just install SNAP Pro on your server — which you have already done — and the premium part of it works from Ludwig’s server.

You can tell the status and version of SNAP Pro Premium API by going into your WordPress settings:

Dashboard > SNAP|Autoposter > Help/Support

Also, Premium API seems to auto-update on its own, which is a positive.

BTW, I also only have one website currently. But for me, being as I syndicate to eight social networks, SNAP Pro Premium API is a worthy investment. I just wish I could get Instagram working again. Ludwig???

BBT
          Participant

Yes it does with SNAP Premium API Libraries” ($49.95/year) and get “SNAP Pro WordPress Plugin 🙂
            Instagram was a bit tricky but with the Alternative Instagram Configuration Instructions: https://www.nextscripts.com/instructions/alternative-instagram-configuration/
            it works also now

Instagram was a bit tricky but with the Alternative Instagram Configuration Instructions: https://www.nextscripts.com/instructions/alternative-instagram-configuration/ it works also now

Actually, BBT, I — and others — already use the session ID method, but SNAP Pro has still stopped autoposting for us since February of this year. A number of us have informed Ludwig of this, but he insists that it is because our IPs have been banned due to spamming. As I told him, I am not convinced of this, because I can post on Instagram just fine using the “Flume” app, and I post on Instagram with Flume every single day. So this is evidence to me that the problem — at least for me — is NOT due to being banned from Instagram. I am convinced that something else is going on, which Ludwig hasn’t figured out yet, apparently.

It just doesn’t make sense to me all that all of us would suddenly start having the same problem at the same time towards the end of February, which is from I have gathered, is exactly what happened.

When I submit a Test Post this Error 200 always comes:

Array ( [Warning] => [Error] => (#200) If posting to a group, requires app being installed in the group, and \ either publish_to_groups permission with user token, or both manage_pages \ and publish_pages permission with page token; If posting to a page, \ requires both manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with \ sufficient administrative permission )

I’ve bought the Premium API and I can post to my own profile page but I can’t post to a Page I administer… I get the same error as above, even though I’m using the NextScripts API.

I’ve tried logging in with sessions and with a username and password…

Any ideas anyone?

newassignment
            Participant

Hi Chris,

It sounds like you’re running into an issue posting to Facebook from your app. The error message indicates that your app may not have the right permissions to post to the group or page you’re trying to post to.

A few things to check:

Make sure your app is installed in the group/page you want to post to. To post to a group, your app needs the publish_to_groups permission. To post to a page, it needs both manage_pages and publish_pages permissions.
              Double check that the app ID and user ID you’re using are correct and correspond to an app/user with appropriate permissions. The app ID and user ID should be different.
              It can take up to 8-10 weeks after submitting your app for review for all features to be enabled. So if your app was just approved, some functionality may still be limited until the review is fully complete.
              Some things to try:

Request the publish_to_groups and publish_pages permissions when getting your user access token if posting to groups/pages.
              Make sure your app is in “Live” mode, not just “Development” mode.
              Try posting as an admin user of the group/page if you haven’t already.
              Let me know if those suggestions help or if you’re still seeing issues! The review process can definitely take some time and trial/error.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.