Setup/Installation: Medium - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Medium in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Medium uses OAuth for authentication and authorization. You need to setup Medium Application, connect this application to your blog and authorize it.
Medium is supported since SNAP version 3.6.4
Please see the instructions below:
1. Create a Medium app.
1. Login to your Medium account.
2. Go to the Settings->Manage applications page: https://medium.com/me/applications
3. If you already made an application you will see it’s info here, otherwise click “New Application” button.
4. Fill “Application Name”, enter the SNAP settings URL to the “Callback URL” field, click “Save”.
Important!!! Please use your own information, don’t literally re-type “NextScripts Blog”, “NextScripts.com” and other sample info.
– Notice Client ID and Client Secret
Your App is ready to use.
2. Connect Medium to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Medium ” from the list.
3. Fill “Client ID” and “Client Secret” from step 4 above.
3. Authorize Medium for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Facebook Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your Medium Account” and follow the authorization wizard. Medium will ask you to allow access to your account.
Troubleshooting note. If at this point you got “400 – We didn’t understand your request” error, it means your callback URL from step 1.4 is not correct. Please make sure your callback URL is exactly the URL of the plugin settings page.
4. Choose where to post. SNAP can post to your profile or to the publications where you have “write” access.
5. Your Medium account is ready to use.
The final release date for the long awaited SNAP WordPress Plugin Version 4 is set for October 1, 2017. The first closed beta version is available today. The first public beta version will be available on August 31, 2017. Here is the full release schedule: Version 4...
Update - July 21, 2017 In order to comply with new Facebook API, ability to manually set "shared link info" has been removed from SNAP Version 3.8.6. Also SNAP implementation of OG tags has been improved a bit, but we are still recommending to use more powerful...
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API. Today we are introducing the better alternative - new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to...
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2017). Version 3.7.11 has been released to WordPress.org plugin repository. it has all code from this beta along with some fixes. Please update your plugin. ------------- New beta version is available for download. Two most popular networks Facebook...
SNAP for Wordpress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks. 1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images. 2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your...