Setup/Installation: Medium - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Medium in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Medium uses OAuth for authentication and authorization. You need to setup Medium Application, connect this application to your blog and authorize it.
Medium is supported since SNAP version 3.6.4
Please see the instructions below:
1. Create a Medium app.
1. Login to your Medium account.
2. Go to the Settings->Manage applications page: https://medium.com/me/applications
3. If you already made an application you will see it’s info here, otherwise click “New Application” button.
4. Fill “Application Name”, enter your SNAP accounts page URL to the “Callback URL” field, click “Save”.
Important!!! Please use your own information, don’t literally re-type “NextScripts Blog”, “NextScripts.com” and other sample info.
– Notice Client ID and Client Secret
Your App is ready to use.
2. Connect Medium to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Medium ” from the list.
3. Fill “Client ID” and “Client Secret” from step 4 above.
3. Authorize Medium for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Facebook Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your Medium Account” and follow the authorization wizard. Medium will ask you to allow access to your account.
Troubleshooting note. If at this point you got “400 – We didn’t understand your request” error, it means your callback URL from step 1.4 is not correct. Please make sure your callback URL is exactly the URL of the plugin settings page.
4. Choose where to post. SNAP can post to your profile or to the publications where you have “write” access.
5. Your Medium account is ready to use.
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....
SNAP for WordPress Version 4.1 has been released. This version adds support for WPML and Polylang in filters and one new network - Messenger Line. It also eliminates the necessity to "Save" WordPress post after making changes to SNAP message format. == Changelog == =...
SNAP for WordPress Version 4 has been released. This is the biggest SNAP update ever. Almost 100% of the code was re-written. - New Autoposting Engine. Faster and 180% more efficient engine. It takes less memory and resources to preform autoposting jobs. - Old Posts...
The final release date for the long awaited SNAP WordPress Plugin Version 4 is set for October 1, 2017. The first closed beta version is available today. The first public beta version will be available on August 31, 2017. Here is the full release schedule: Version 4...