Setup/Installation: Tumblr - Social Networks Auto-Poster for WordPressHow to setup Tumblr in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Tumblr uses OAuth to provide authorized access to its API. You need to register Tumblr application and get “OAuth Consumer Key” and “Secret Key”. Then you will need to authorize your WordPress blog.
1. Create a Tumblr app for your website.
1. Login to your Tumblr account.
2. Go to the Tumblr Developers page: https://www.tumblr.com/oauth/apps
3. Click “Register application” button.
Fill “Application Name”, “Application Website”, all other fields (just enter your website URL to the “Default callback URL”) and click Register”.
2. Connect Tumblr to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Tumblr” from the list.
3. Fill “OAuth Consumer Key “Secret Key” from step 4 above.
4. Click “Add Account”.
3. Authorize Tumblr for your WordPress.
1. Find the new Tumblr account in the list, click “Show Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Tumblr Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your Tumblr Account” and follow the authorization wizard.
3. Notice new dropdown “Where to Post”. Select the blog you would like to post from that dropdown.
4. Your Tumblr is ready to use.
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....
SNAP for WordPress Version 4.1 has been released. This version adds support for WPML and Polylang in filters and one new network - Messenger Line. It also eliminates the necessity to "Save" WordPress post after making changes to SNAP message format. == Changelog == =...