Something is not working? Please see the Technical Problems Troubleshooting FAQ
1. Question: What is the difference between “Free” and “Pro” versions?
Free plugin is limited to one account per each type of connected networks. In other words you can add 1 Facebook, AND 1 Twitter AND 1 LinkedIn AND 1 etc … accounts in the “Free” version. This is enough for about 95% of users.
Pro plugin is NOT limited in number of accounts per each type of connected networks. You can add 10 (or 100) Facebook, AND 15 Twitter AND 5 LinkedIn AND 25 etc … accounts in the “Pro” version.
Please see more here: Compare Editions
2. Question: What networks in your auto-poster plugin are free and what are not? Why some networks are not free?
All networks except Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn Company Pages are available for free.
It really depends on the availability of the free API from the Social Network itself. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn and others have a very good and powerful free APIs that could be used for publishing posts. Those networks are free for you. Some networks like Google+ and Pinterest don’t have API or have a read-only API that doesn’t allow to make posts. We had to create and mantain our own API libraries for such networks and those libraries are available separately for some fee.
Some networks like Blogger and LinkedIn have free built-in APIs, but those APIs are limited in some ways. In such cases, plugin can use free API to the full extend of the network imposed limitation. We also have our own API libraries that could be used to avoid those limits and problems. For example currently LinkedIn API allows you to post only to your own profile, if you have company page you can’t post there. NextsScript’s API Library for LinkedIn can post to company pages as well
3. Question: Does the free plugin support WordPress Multisite (ex-WPMU)?
Free plugin does not support WordPress Multisite. There is a separate “Pro for WPMU” plugin available for WordPress Multisite.
Please see more here: Compare Editions
4. Question: I already have “Pro”, and I would like to upgrade to “Pro for WPMU”. Do I really need to pay the full price? Can I just pay the difference?
5. Question: I am running a number of blogs and I’d like to use your “Pro” plugin on them. Do I need to buy “Pro” license for each one of them?
Yes, of course, you xcab pay just pay the difference. You can do it here: Pro to Pro for WordPress Multisite Upgrade
. Please enter the email that you used for the original order and you will get the upgrade links.
Our licenses are issued on “Per User” basis. It means you can use one license on all your sites, but you can’t give it to other people. You can use Plugin and API libraries on all your sites/blogs, the only requirement is that all those sites/blogs must be yours. You can’t
re-sell or re-distribute the “Pro” Plugin and API libraries or websites with per-installed “Pro” Plugin and API libraries, neither you can’t install plugin and API libraries for your clients.
If you are interested in re-selling plugin or would like to install it for your clients you can look at our developers/resell packages
6. Question: Can I use it just for Twitter (Facebook, LinkedIn, Delicious) or it requres all networks to be set?
Answer: Sure you can use it for just one or two networks.
7. Question: Can it post to Facebook and Google+ pages? Not to profiles, but to pages. Also what about groups and communities?
Answer: Yes, it can. Specify page IDs in the settings, and it will post to pages. IT will also work with groups and communities.
8. Question: Why it’s not so easy to setup? Why do I need all those apps? There are other plugins (Jetpack Publicize, Linksalpha Network Publisher, etc ) that could do it much easier.
Answer: There is a major difference between SNAP and other auto-posting plugins. Plugin MUST use an “App” to make posts. if plugin doesn’t ask you to create your own app, it will use an app set by plugin author. Yes, it’s easier to setup but it means that with every post you make you will promote that plugin author to all your friends and followers. All those posts will be marked as “Shared via WordPress.com” or “posted by Linksalpha”. SNAP gives you an ability to setup your own apps and promote only yourself. We have a very detailed and illustrated setup instructions and our support can help you with that. We believe that it’s well worth to spend your time by setting it up, instead of doing free advertisement for somebody else.
9. Question: Will the Google+ autposter work from Germany? Are you using SMS Gateway? I saw another solution, that could work only in US and India, but people were complaining that it wasn’t working even in those countries.
Answer: We don’t use SMS or any other gateways. Our solution simulates human behavior. It logs to your Google+ account and does exactly the same thing as you would do to share your post manually from your browser. This way it can work from anywhere.
10. Question: Will your plugin post scheduled WordPress posts to Facebook? I have certain posts to my site that I want to time for first thing in the morning, and also publish to my Facebook page at the same time. Is that a feature your plugin supports? Also, does your plugin support posts from iOS/Android App?
Plugin supports all kinds and types of publishing including scheduled posts and posts made from iOS/Android Apps.
Here is the list of “Post Status Changes” that trigger the plugin:
New -> Published
Draft -> Published
Auto Draft (XMLRPC Posts and Posts from iOS/Android Apps) -> Published
Future (Scheduled) -> Published
Pending -> Published
Private -> Published
11. Question: Does plugin support custom post types? Can I exclude custom post type from auto-posting?
Plugin supports custom post types since version 1.9.3. It has the ability include/exclude custom post types from auto-posting.
Please go to the Settings->Social Networks Auto Poster->Other Settings->Include/Exclude Custom Post Types and select only the custom post types you need or select “None” if you need only regular posts.