Setup/Installation: Instagram - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Instagram in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Instagram uses simple username/password login system.
Please see the instructions below:
[Important Notice] You can’t use plugin with Facebook or Google+ Instagram accounts. You need to have a native Instagram account.
1. Connect Instagram to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Instagram” from the list.
3. Fill your Instagram username and password.
5. Your Instagram account is ready to use.
Image is extended by the longer side to make it square. The whole image will be seen in the stream and in the full view. In the stream image will appear smaller.
Image is cropped to make it square. Some parts of the image will be permanently removed.
Image is untouched. Instagram will crop image for the stream. Could cause “Uploaded image isn’t in an allowed aspect ratio” Error
How to avoid Instagram’s SPAM filter
Instagram has a SPAM filter. That filter does not care about autoposting, but it does notice some things that are hard/unusual to do from the phone, but very easy from the SNAP. As we said numerous times, “SNAP is not a tool for breaking the rules, terms and conditions”.
- – New accounts. Instagram always watches new accounts assuming they were created by spammers. The older your account, the less likely it will be considered as “spamming account”.
- – Instagram does not support links at all. You can put URL to your description, but it won’t be clickable. Instagram considers all posts with URLs as suspicious, but most of all Instagram hates shortened URLs. Almost 100% of posts with shortened URLs will be considered as spam and deleted.
- – Hashtags usage. Please do not include most popular tags. Instagram considers all posts with most popular tags as suspicious.
- – Do not post more then humanely possible. If you post 5 posts per minute 24/7, your account will be noticed.
if you already got hit by SPAM filter, please try to make several posts from your phone without any links or hashtags. Instagram will unmark your account as “Spammer” after some time.
The final release date for the long awaited SNAP WordPress Plugin Version 4 is set for October 1, 2017. The first closed beta version is available today. The first public beta version will be available on August 31, 2017. Here is the full release schedule: Version 4...
Update - July 21, 2017 In order to comply with new Facebook API, ability to manually set "shared link info" has been removed from SNAP Version 3.8.6. Also SNAP implementation of OG tags has been improved a bit, but we are still recommending to use more powerful...
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API. Today we are introducing the better alternative - new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to...
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2017). Version 3.7.11 has been released to WordPress.org plugin repository. it has all code from this beta along with some fixes. Please update your plugin. ------------- New beta version is available for download. Two most popular networks Facebook...
SNAP for Wordpress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks. 1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images. 2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your...